If you’re in the market for a new home, today we’ll be going over five tips you should keep in mind:
- Know your budget. It’s important to understand how much you can afford. If you’re going to be getting a mortgage, make sure to get a pre-approval—this will help you see exactly what you’re qualified to buy and will also strengthen your offer.
- Be prepared to write a letter. Tell the seller about you and your family’s situation, why you want the property, how great the property is, and so on. Forming an emotional connection with the seller can help your offer get accepted.
- Separate your needs and your wants. Since there is a low amount of inventory currently on the market, it’s unlikely that you’ll find exactly what you want. You’ll have to make some tradeoffs, so focus primarily on what your needs are instead of your wants.
- Bid competitively with minimum contingencies. When a good property comes on the market, it’s going to sell very quickly. Make sure your offer stands out (in a good way).
- Be able to make a quick decision. As mentioned, things get competitive. If you have everything lined up and the perfect home goes on sale, jump on it.
If you have any questions or would like more information, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.